Two of my favorite Fall flavors…apples and caramel. This rustic Fall dessert is both delicious and comforting. Is there anything that smells better baking in the oven than a fresh homemade apple crisp? It’s like bringing the aromas of Fall right indoors. Mmmmmm cinnamon, apples, and caramel. No need for a scented candle here.
This recipe is so easy to make. Just the right recipe for all those apples you harvested and don’t know what to do with. This dessert bakes while you are eating dinner and while you are digesting, cools to a warm just-right temperature.
So what are you waiting for? Bake one in the oven with tonight’s dinner.
- APPLE CRISP MIXTURE INGREDIENTS:
- 2 Granny Smith apples peeled, cored, and sliced
- 2 Fugi apples peeled, cored, and sliced
- 10-12 Caramel squares sliced into pieces
- 3 Tablespoons All Purpose flour
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- TOPPING INGREDIENTS:
- ¾ cup All Purpose Flour
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup cinnamon pecan granola
- Pinch of salt
- 6 Tablespoons Salted cold butter sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place tin foil on baking sheet
- mix apple crisp ingredients in large separate bowl
- Spoon apple crisp mixture into individual Ramekins (no need for non stick spray)
- Mix TOPPING INGREDIENTS in separate large bowl
- Mix together with hands until mixture is moist and softened
- Spoon mixture onto apples
- Bake for 35-40 minutes
See I told you it was simple. Best of all delicious.