Phew! I’m exhausted. Last week was a crazy one. We decided to host a first ever dinner party in our small but cozy townhouse, and my other half decided this was the week he should start a couple of major home improvement projects. I blame those catchy Lowes and Home Depot commercials during the football breaks. They make it looks so easy on TV. Weekend my Aunt Fanny!
Needless to say, one of those projects was happening in our already small cramped kitchen. I lived all week, in what felt like… a bad episode of Hoarders. I can’t live in chaos, it disrupts my whole chai and makes me grouchy, but I bit my tongue and went with the flow. Okay, okay, I flipped out a couple of times but quickly got it under control with a glass of wine. Wine always makes everything better. Wouldn’t you agree?
This was also the week I was trying out new recipes on Pinterest to review on my blog. How was I going to work in such disarray in my kitchen? Somehow, I managed to pull it off and get all my recipes made. There may or may not have been several glasses of wine involved.
Now it’s time to review. I introduce to you Day One: Parmesan Crusted Chicken.
This recipe for Parmesan Crusted Chicken discovered on Pinterest from Once Upon a Chef is definitely a keeper. I’ve already made it a couple of times. Crispy. Very flavorful. Pounding the chicken breasts like she suggested also helped to keep the chicken moist. I have since changed up just a few things, like adding more parmesan cheese and fresh chopped parsley. I also threw in a handful of Panko bread crumbs with the Italian bread crumbs. I also used a little garlic powder in the breading mix.
You can check out her recipe. It has great photos and step by step instructions. Here is my adapted recipe. I hope you enjoy this as much as we do. Thanks Once Upon a Chef!
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- ⅔ cup seasoned Italian breadcrumbs
- ½ cup fresh shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese ( I like the fine powder, it kicks it up a flavorful notch and sticks to the chicken better.)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh chopped parsley
- 4-8 boneless chicken breasts ( you can buy thick breasts and slice in half.)
- Lemon wedges for garnish
- Pound out chicken breasts
- Beat eggs in separate bowl.
- Place flour, and spices in separate deep plastic container. (This allows you to easily shake and coat without making a mess.)
- Place breadcrumbs, cheese and parsley mixture in deep plastic container.
- Preheat large frying pan on medium heat and coat with ¼ inch Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Just enough so chicken isn't swimming in oil. Make sure oil is hot enough before placing chicken in to fry.)
- Salt and pepper chicken breast
- Coat in flour mixture first
- Dip in egg mixture.
- Coast in breadcrumb mixture.
- Wait until all breast have been coated and place in pan together.
- Test oil by dropping in small amount of breadcrumbs. If it sizzles you are good to go.
- Fry on one side about 6 minutes until golden brown. Flip and repeat.
- Drain on paper towels
- Plate and serve with lemon wedges.
Pinterest Recipe Review Day One was a success. This recipe will definitely show up often in our dinner rotation. It’s great to also serve with a side of pasta. Red or white sauce. Mmmmm.
By the way, our dinner party was also a success. All that
whining wine-ing and complaining all week over nothing. Easy peasy. Yeah, right!
My BFF also brought me a lovely Orchid to show her appreciation for dinner. How sweet and beautiful is that?
I hope you all have a great Sunday. And I hope you join in for the rest of this week’s Pinterest Recipe Reviews. Until then, Stay hungry.