Thanksgiving Cut Out Cookies
Author: Sherri @ The Kitchen Prescription dot com
Recipe type: Chocolate Frosting
- CHOCOLATE BUTTERCREAM:
- 6 tablespoons room temperature butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3- 3½ cups confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Cream butter with mixer until smooth
- Add in unsweetened cocoa
- Add Vanilla
- Add 2 cups confectioners sugar
- add 1 tablespoon each of heavy whipping cream and milk
- Mix on slow and continue to add confectioners sugar and whipping cream and milk until you get a smooth stiff consistency that will hold up to the warmth of your hands for piping.
- If need be add more confectioners sugar or milk.
- Trick is to taste and go.
Recipe by The Kitchen Prescription at http://thekitchenprescription.com/2011/11/21/turkey-cut-out-cookie-tutorial/