Chocolate Molten Lava Cakes
Author: Sherri - The Kitchen Prescription
Recipe type: Dessert
- Chocolate Molten Lava Cake
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 oz bittersweet chocolate
- 2 oz semi sweet chocolate
- 4 whole eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- ½ cup organic sugar
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp cake flour
- Spray Oil (I use organic extra virgin olive oil)
- Confectioners sugar
- 6 small ramekins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Melt Chocolate and butter sticks in doubler boiler until smooth.
- Once melted remove and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Temper in eggs & yolks two at a time. Whisk until all eggs are incorporated.
- Add sugar. Whisk.
- Add cake flour. Whisk until no lumps remain.
- Divide into 6 ramekins sprayed& lightly coated with confectioners sugar.
- Place on baking sheets s bake on center rake until edges are firm and center is wobbly.
- Remove and let sit for a few minutes.
- Go gently around edges with a paring knife.
- Put dessert plate over ramekin and invert cake carefully and gently onto plate.
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar
- Top wish fresh berries & mint.
Recipe by The Kitchen Prescription at http://thekitchenprescription.com/2012/09/06/chocolate-molten-lava-cakes/