7 Days of Pinterest Recipe Reviews Day 1 Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Author: The Kitchen Prescription
Recipe type: Chicken Dish
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- ⅔ cup seasoned Italian breadcrumbs
- ½ cup fresh shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese ( I like the fine powder, it kicks it up a flavorful notch and sticks to the chicken better.)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh chopped parsley
- 4-8 boneless chicken breasts ( you can buy thick breasts and slice in half.)
- Lemon wedges for garnish
- Pound out chicken breasts
- Beat eggs in separate bowl.
- Place flour, and spices in separate deep plastic container. (This allows you to easily shake and coat without making a mess.)
- Place breadcrumbs, cheese and parsley mixture in deep plastic container.
- Preheat large frying pan on medium heat and coat with ¼ inch Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Just enough so chicken isn't swimming in oil. Make sure oil is hot enough before placing chicken in to fry.)
- Salt and pepper chicken breast
- Coat in flour mixture first
- Dip in egg mixture.
- Coast in breadcrumb mixture.
- Wait until all breast have been coated and place in pan together.
- Test oil by dropping in small amount of breadcrumbs. If it sizzles you are good to go.
- Fry on one side about 6 minutes until golden brown. Flip and repeat.
- Drain on paper towels
- Plate and serve with lemon wedges.
Recipe by The Kitchen Prescription at http://thekitchenprescription.com/2012/10/07/7-days-of-pinterest-recipe-reviews-day-1-parmesan-crusted-chicken/