Grilled Rotisserie Turkey
- 2 Gallons of Water
- 4 cups of apple cider
- 1½ cups kosher salt (or iodized salt)
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 5 cloves fresh chopped garlic
- 5-7 whole bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 3 large orange peels in large pieces ( I sliced my right off the orange with a knife)
- 1 lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons of pepper corns
- 6 tablespoons fresh rosemary (or about 6-9 stripped sprigs)
- In a large stock pot pour in 1 gallon of water and add all the other ingredients. Bring to a boil and turn off stove.
- Let cool completely.
- I prepare my brine the night before to give it plenty of time to cool down.
- You can put pot in the fridge
- Mine was just fine sitting on the stove.
- You will want to give yourself at least 24-36 hours of brine time.
- Please refer to picture tutorial for further instructions.
Recipe by The Kitchen Prescription at http://thekitchenprescription.com/2012/12/29/grilled-rotisserie-turkey/