Spice Rubbed Honey Orange & Garlic Chicken
Author: Sherri @ The Kitchen Prescription
Recipe type: Chicken Dish
- SPICE RUB INGREDIENTS:
- ¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup sweet or smoked paprika
- 3 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons kosher or sea salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ORANGE HONEY & GARLIC SAUCE:
- ¾ cup organic orange honey
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon organic apple cider vinegar
- Juice of ½ orange
- Mix together all ingredients.
- Combine all the ingredients for the spice rub in a mixing bowl and mix well to blend together. Store the rub in an airtight jar away from heat or light. It will keep for at least 6 months.
- Generously sprinkle rub on both sides of chicken. Cover and place in refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.
- Grill chicken and brush on honey sauce last few minutes of grilling. Reserve some sauce for dipping. *Double the sauce recipe if cooking more than 3 chicken breasts.
Recipe by The Kitchen Prescription at http://thekitchenprescription.com/2014/02/08/spiced-honey-orange-garlic-chicken/