Sugar Cookies & Best Vanilla Buttercream
Author: Sherri @ The Kitchen Prescription
Recipe type: Sugar Cookies & Buttercream
- Sugar Cookies
- 1cup + 2 tablespoons butter slightly cool.
- 2 cups sugar.
- Cream butter and sugar in stand mixer.
- Add 4 eggs room temp and
- 2 teaspoons vanilla.
- Mix w paddle attachment as above. Switch over to hook attachment. Add 2 tsp salt,
- 2 tsp baking powder and
- 4 cups flour.
- Mix and then gradually add 1 to 2 cups flour more. Chill dough overnight or at least two hours. Bake at 330 degrees for 6 to 8 minutes or until bottoms lightly brown.
- Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- 1 cup slightly cool butter
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- 1.5 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Butter Cream Instructions:
- Whip butter in stand mixer with paddle attachment.
- Add 2 cups confectioners sugar
- Vanilla extract and 2 tablespoons whipping cream. Mix til well blended.
- Add remaining 2 cups confectioners sugar and last tablespoon whipping cream. Whip well.
- Divide and color. If icing thins out add more sugar. I use color gel/paste from Wilton.
Recipe by The Kitchen Prescription at http://thekitchenprescription.com/2013/12/29/buttercream-poinsettia-tutorial/