Phew. I’m exhausted. So I’m keeping this post extremely short. I’ve had a lot of cookie, cake, and cupcake orders to fill this week and I’m not done yet. The new week is upon us along with more orders and Thanksgiving dinner. I want to wish you all a blessed Happy Thanksgiving and hope you all enjoy it with people you love most.
If you want the cookie and buttercream frosting recipe for these cookies you can visit my Valentine Cut Out Cookies. (Where you see banana or strawberry extract, just use vanilla extract in place.) However, for the chocolate buttercream I tried out a new recipe and will probably never buy chocolate frosting from a can again. It’s the first time I’ve tried it and it came out delicious.
- CHOCOLATE BUTTERCREAM:
- 6 tablespoons room temperature butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3- 3½ cups confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Cream butter with mixer until smooth
- Add in unsweetened cocoa
- Add Vanilla
- Add 2 cups confectioners sugar
- add 1 tablespoon each of heavy whipping cream and milk
- Mix on slow and continue to add confectioners sugar and whipping cream and milk until you get a smooth stiff consistency that will hold up to the warmth of your hands for piping.
- If need be add more confectioners sugar or milk.
- Trick is to taste and go.
After your cookies are cooled and you have all your buttercream colors and piping bags ready you can begin by piping the chocolate buttercream on with a #18 Wilton tip.
Use a #5 Wilton tip to pipe the eyes, feet, and wattle.
Use a #67 Wilton leaf tip to pipe the feathers.
Happy Thanksgiving! Gobble gobble. I’m planning on putting on my elastic pants and eating my way through the day. I won’t be partaking in any Black Friday festivities I assure you. My turkey blood level will have me comatose for two days.